There’s nothing like scoring a great deal to make you want to pat yourself on the back! It’s a sense of euphoria when you get something you need and save some money while doing so. And, honestly, who couldn’t stand to save a bit more during these times?
Whether we’re saving money on food, things we need, or gifts during the holidays, stretching our dollars is an efficient way to spend, and getting more for less is what shopping is all about!
People flock to Walmart because of their lower prices, which are pretty hard to beat. But sometimes, Walmart simply outdoes itself. Have you heard of their hidden clearance? I’m about to tell you all about it!
Keep reading to learn more about Clearance at Walmart, how to use their hidden clearance, and how to get the most from your hidden clearance shopping experience. And, make sure to see the Golden Rule of Walmart Hidden Clearance!
Why Shop Clearance at Walmart
I know what you’re thinking – shopping in the clearance aisle at Walmart seems like a no-brainer, right? But it’s easy to overlook some of the benefits that shopping in the clearance section of Walmart, such as:
- You need to save on future gifts. Maybe it’s just stocking stuffers for later, or you want to make a themed gift basket for a friend. Checking out clearance throughout the year is a great way to stock up in advance so you don’t blow through your Christmas budget!
- You want to get into Reselling. If you’ve ever wondered how some of these Amazon sellers purchase their merchandise, I’ll let you in on a secret. Some sellers buy items on clearance at Walmart, then turn them around for a great profit.
- You need to save money. It’s a good idea to check the clearance section before making a beeline to the items on your list. You may find a brand substitute that works just as well or find something better for less money. Check out the clearance section first!
This list could go on and on, but I’m sure you are ready to learn more about Hidden Clearance and why it’s so special!
Hidden Clearance at Walmart
So, what’s the difference between your clearance aisle and hidden clearance? Well, hidden clearance is when the discounted prices aren’t advertised on the sticker. It’s a lower price that Walmart will honor, and not everyone knows about it.
The good news is, that it doesn’t take a ton of effort to get through to find hidden clearance at your local store. It only takes a few steps and it is worth it. This guy was able to find video games for $0.03 each! That’s right – three cents!
Some deals aren’t that dramatic, but why not get $40 off here, or $5 off there? Even though some deals will only save you a few bucks, they are still significant percentages of the overall cost. And, dollars add up!
Let’s take a look at what you have to do to get those hidden clearance deals.
How to Find Hidden Clearance at Walmart
I think you’ll be surprised at just how easy it is to score great deals with hidden clearance at Walmart. It is just as simple as 1-2-3!
Step 1: Download the Walmart App on your Phone
This part is a requirement, as you can’t locate hidden clearance without the app. Navigate to the app store for iPhone or Google Play store for Android and download the Walmart app. Once you have the app installed and running, you’re on your way to savings!
Step 2: Scan the Barcode
With the app open, select the small barcode on the right side of the search bar. This now lets you scan! Hold your phone’s camera up to the barcode until it registers that item. You can even do this through protective glass cases, as well!
Step 3: Select the Walmart.com tab
You have two options once the item appears: Walmart.com or In this Store. Make sure to select the Walmart.com option on the left-hand side to see the hidden clearance price! Congrats on your hidden clearance find!
After you’ve discovered the Walmart hidden clearance deal, you can take your phone to the checkout counter and ask an associate to help you. They can honor the hidden clearance price for your item! And just like that, you’ve saved money!
Items to check for Walmart Hidden Clearance
There are some things you just would not think to check when it comes to searching for great deals like hidden clearance. People have had a ton of success shopping for the following items including, but not limited to:
- Undergarments like bras and panties
- Kids Clothing
- Furniture like cribs
- Baby items
- Cell phone cases and chargers
- Movies, video games, and books
- Hobby items
- Gift wrapping
- Office Supplies
- Home goods
Some resellers on third-party sites even solely focus on one or two categories when it comes to creating an online store. The chances are, if you’ve seen it sold online, it could have been bought from Walmart hidden clearance!
5 Things to Know Before Shopping Walmart Hidden Clearance
There are a few things to keep in mind before shopping for hidden clearance at Walmart. Before you shop, make sure you understand some of the basics so you’re not disappointed!
You Must Have the Walmart App
I get it – ugh, do I need another app on my phone?!? Well, if you want to be a part of this exclusive club, you do. The app is easy to install and is responsible for displaying the prices that the cashier must see to honor.
Must be Sold and Shipped by Walmart
Walmart has changed its policy in recent years to only honor the hidden clearance for items that have been Sold and Shipped by Walmart. You can filter to make sure Walmart is listed as the retailer after your scan.
May be Limited to One Item per Day
It’s important to know that your cashier may be limited to only honoring one item per day for your purchase. You may want to have the best-discounted item in mind in case you have to come back the next day for the other item. Fingers crossed you get them all!
Rollback Prices May Go Up
When searching in the app, you may see the discounted price is listed as a Rollback. Keep in mind that Rollbacks are not permanent discounts and may go up. If you find an item listed at Rollback, you may want to purchase it sooner rather than later.
Try Shopping the First Week of the Month
Rumor has it that Walmart implements its discounts on the first five days of the month. If that week is close to when you do your shopping, plan so you can hit the shelves during this time. Think about how close holiday sales are to that week!
While you have some important notes to think about, there are also some tips and tricks to get the most out of your Walmart Hidden Clearance adventure!
Tips and Tricks to Get the Most from Walmart Hidden Clearance
While you now know what to look for, there are some tips and tricks you can use to get the most from shopping at Walmart. Take a look at these nuggets of savings to take your dollars a little further!
- Plan Ahead with BrickSeek. BrickSeek is an app that can help you plan before you go! It scans major retailers like Walmart and has the deals lined up daily. Check it out and make your list before you leave the house to save time and money.
- Join the Walmart Clearance Shoppers on Facebook. There is a Facebook group for this?! Absolutely! Check out the Walmart Clearance Shoppers to learn more about what’s on clearance and how others are finding their deals. Hey, it’s nice to have a community that cares.
- Check out Clearance Pages at Walmart.com First. It never hurts to take a few minutes to plan out your trip in advance, and scrolling the clearance section online at Walmart.com can help you do that! See what they have and make a note if it’s on your list.
- Shop End of Season Sales. You can get some major markdowns at the end of the season or right after a holiday. I’m talking about stocking up in January for the next Christmas type of deals. Seasonal sales can pack a punch when you time it right. Get ready to save!
- See the Department Clearance Sections. Not every clearance section is in a prime location or has a whole aisle dedicated to it, but check the ends of the aisles and in the back corners of the store to see what you can find.
Hopefully, those handy tips and tricks are enough to get you excited about shopping hidden clearance at Walmart, but I almost forgot one more thing…
The Walmart Hidden Clearance Golden Rule
Sound the trumpets! This has to be one of the biggest yet easiest rules to remember when shopping for hidden clearance at Walmart. Are you ready? Scan Everything. That’s right. For every item you intend to buy, scan to see if it’s marked down online.
Some people only check out the Clearance sections before they’re willing to try hidden clearance. The truth is, you can have items that aren’t even marked down in the store but are significantly discounted online. Don’t sell yourself short with tunnel vision here. Scan it all!
While this may be time-consuming, you never know what you may find here, especially if it’s a pricey item. And with employee shortages, they sometimes can’t get around to marking the inventory on the shelves. Advocate for yourself here and scan before you buy!
FAQs on Hidden Clearance at Walmart
What is Walmart Hidden Clearance?
It’s basically the easiest way to find discounts! Walmart Hidden Clearance is prices that are not advertised on the sticker in stores but can be found online and honored at checkout.
How do you get Hidden Clearance from Walmart?
After you download the app, you can use it to scan barcodes in the store and see the online price. When you go to checkout, you show the cashier the discounted price online, and that’s the price you pay!
Is Walmart Hidden Clearance on Everything?
Well, no. Walmart will only honor it for items that Walmart sells and ships. It’s important to make sure you have Walmart marked as the retailer on your app filter to make sure the transaction goes smoothly at checkout.
Can I find Hidden Walmart Clearance Online?
It’s always a good idea to shop before you go and see what’s online first. This can be at Walmart.com for Clearance, or by using sales sites like BrickSeek. Be sure to also check other stores in the area with your location feature on the app.
Is Hidden Clearance at Walmart worth it?
Honestly, Hidden Clearance at Walmart is worth it. It requires little effort for big returns, and can be used year round to save you more money. You’re going to be buying items anyway, why not use an app to save more? Go get those deals!
Have you used Walmart Hidden Clearance? What kind of deals did you find?