If you’re here reading this article, it seems we have something in common: we both love discounts. And today, there seems to be a plethora of ways to get those discounts, deals, and sales. One way is by shopping at Walmart.
But did you know that Walmart also has a Discount card? This is not the same thing as their hidden clearance or rollback prices – the Walmart Discount Card is something completely different!
Stay tuned to learn more about the Walmart Discount Card, how to use it online, and how to replace your Walmart Discount Card!
What is a Walmart Discount Card?
The Walmart Discount Card is included as one of the benefits of working for Walmart. This card is given to employees after a set amount of time and can be used as an additional discount from Walmart’s everyday low prices!
After working at Walmart for 90 days, employees receive a green plastic card that can be used on a variety of purchases in the store and online. This card can only be used by the employee and specific family members but is a great way to get additional discounts.
Discounts with the Walmart Discount Card
The Walmart Discount Card allows employees to get specific discounts on certain items. With your card, you can get 10% off on the following full-priced items at Walmart:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Small appliances
- Over-the-Counter Pharmacy
- Health and Beauty
- Lawn and Garden
- Sporting Goods
- Hardware Electronics
Whew! That’s a lot! You can get discounts for what you need, as well as purchase gifts for others throughout the year. However, there are some things that cannot be discounted with the Walmart Discount Card.
What Cannot Be Purchased with a Walmart Discount Card
Unfortunately, the card cannot be used for everything in Walmart or on Walmart.com. Here’s a list of items that cannot be discounted with the Walmart Discount Card:
- Clearance Items
- Items on Rollback
- Automotive Services
- Photo Services
- Gift Card Purchases
- Salon Services in Store
- Salon Purchases in Store
- Fast Food Services in Store
While this does seem like a big list of what the discount cannot be used towards, it’s important to point out that some of these services are renting space from within Walmart, but are not actually Walmart products and services.
It’s also important to distinguish who can use the card, as well. The card can also only be used by the employee, their legal spouse, unmarried children up to 19 years old, or unmarried children enrolled in college.
How to Use the Walmart Discount Card In Store
Using the Walmart Discount Card in-store is super easy! When you’re checking out, present your card to be scanned by the cashier. The discount is applied and you can pay with another form of payment like cash or credit card. Super simple!
How to Use the Walmart Discount Card Online
When it comes to using your Walmart Discount Card online, there are a few steps to take, but you only have to enter your information once! This behaves differently than a gift card at checkout. Once you enter your card information, it’s saved to your account and applied automatically.
Enter Your Walmart Discount Card Online
- Navigate to Walmart.com.
- Create an account if you do not already have one. Once an account has been created, you just need to Sign In.
- Under your Name, select Account. You will see “Welcome to Your Account” at the top.
- On the left-hand side menu, select Wallet.
- Scroll down to Discounts and Promotions, where you’ll see Walmart Associate Discount. Select Register.
- Enter your Associate Card Number and WIN number. The Associate card number is on the front of your card. The WIN number can be found on the me@Walmart app under the Me tab.
- Hit Save and you’re done!
Now that your card is registered to your account, any applicable discounts will be deducted from your orders! This is a great feature that keeps you from having to enter this information every time you make an online purchase. This is easier to use than gift cards!
Tips for Getting the Most out of the Walmart Discount Card
When it comes to using your Walmart Discount Card, there are things you can do to ensure you get the most out of it. Follow these tips when shopping with your Associate card to get a smooth transaction every time!
- Know which products are excluded: As with most discount cards (employee or not) there are often restrictions on what can be purchased. And nothing is sadder than expecting a discount and not receiving one! Know ahead of time which items are not considered general merchandise before purchasing!
- Register your Card ASAP Online: It’s also sad to miss out on deals you could have received with your discount card! Make sure to register your card as soon as you get it. The process only takes a few minutes, but you only have to do it once.
- Buy Gifts for Friends and Family: When birthdays and holidays come around, check to see if the gift they want can first be found at Walmart! With your discount, you may be able to get it cheaper than if you purchase at a competitor’s store.
- Call the Associate Line for Help: Sometimes when things don’t work correctly, we get frustrated and put it aside for later. If you need help with your card, contact 1-800-421-1362 and ask for the Associate Discount Card Assistance Line. The sooner you get it resolved, the sooner you get discounts!
How to Get a Replacement Card
Sometimes life happens and you need a replacement card. The good news is, it’s quick and easy to order a replacement!
Order a Replacement Walmart Discount Card
To order a replacement Walmart Discount Card, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the One.Walmart.com website.
- In the search bar, enter the phrase Discount Card.
- Select Associate Discount Card from the links displayed.
- Under “How Do I Order a New/Replacement Card?”, select the Associate Discount Card page link.
- On the Associate Discounts/Discount Card page, select the box for Discount Card Application towards the bottom of the page.
- Next, choose the blue box for Request a Replacement Card.
- There will be two options: Choose “My card is lost” to have your card deactivated and another mailed. Choose “My card is damaged or no longer works” to have a new card sent out without deactivation.
- Select Submit!
See, that’s not too bad! Make sure you order a replacement Walmart Discount Card if you lose yours or if it stops working or is stolen. Don’t let those discounts go to waste!
Walmart Associate Discount Center
The Walmart Discount Card is just one employee benefit from working at Walmart. There is also a Walmart Associate Discount Center. This is a bit different from the Walmart Discount Card in that you can go to this site for discounts on items and experiences like:
- Movie Tickets
- Local Restaurants
- Chain Restaurants
- Car Rentals
- Tourist Attractions
- Sporting Events
- Gym Memberships
While those discounts are not directly tied to the Walmart Discount Card, this is a marketplace that allows negotiated rates for Walmart employees. This is a great opportunity to save money while traveling, having fun, and treating yourself!
Additional Walmart Employee Benefits
In addition to the Walmart Discount Card and the Walmart Associate Discount Center, there are a host of other benefits offered to Walmart employees. Walmart gives maternity and paternity leave, can help pay for your college education, and offers 401k matching!
If you’ve ever considered Walmart employment, it may be worth stacking their benefits up against competitor offers to see if Walmart is the better option.
FAQs on Walmart Discount Card
Can you use the Walmart Discount Card online?
You absolutely can use the Walmart Discount Card online! Make sure you upload it to your account, but once you do that, any applicable discounts will automatically be deducted from your shopping cart total.
What Should I Do If I Lose My Walmart Discount Card?
If you lose your Walmart Discount Card, you should make sure to order a new one right away. Since it’s lost, Walmart will discontinue your card number to make it inactive but will send you a replacement card shortly after.
How Do I Get A Walmart Discount Card?
Basically, after working at Walmart for 90 days, you will receive your discount card on the 91st day. Walmart wants to ensure employees are going to stick around and are a good fit before providing the discounts.
What Kind of Discounts Do I Get With A Walmart Discount Card?
With the Walmart Discount Card, employees get 10% off fresh produce and general merchandise. This discount does not apply to sale or clearance items, or any other grocery items.
Is the Walmart Discount Card Worth It?
Combined with other benefits Walmart has to offer, I’d say the Walmart Discount Card is worth it for employees to start using right away.
The best thing to do is to tie it into your online account as soon as you get it and place it in a safe spot in your wallet so it’s applicable both online and in store. And if you’re looking to save more money, don’t forget about Walmart’s hidden clearance!